In celebration of National Public Health Week (April 2-8), McHenry County Department of Health (MCDH) will accept nominations from the public for its 7th annual Spirit of Public Health Awards. The deadline is Friday, March 30. This year’s theme is “A Healthier America Begins Today”. The Spirit Award acknowledges individuals who are committed to making their community healthy but may not be recognized for their efforts. Examples of past winners include –
- Raising awareness for a chronic illness
- Community service to needy children
- Recycling efforts at a clinic
- Role model for teens against tobacco use
- Devotion to animal welfare at a local shelter
- Helping seniors with home repairs to keep them safe
- Providing mental health/pet therapy for at-risk youth
Nominations should be in short story format (a limit of 100 words) and can be submitted byemail (email@example.com), fax (815-334-4635) or mail (McHenry County Dept of Health, Attn: Spirit Awards, 2200 N Seminary Avenue, Woodstock IL 60098). A flyer for the Spirit Awards is posted on the MCDH webpage www.mcdh.info along with winners from previous years. Spirit Award recipients and their nominators will be invited to attend the MCDH Public Health Breakfast on April 16 at the McHenry County Government Center in Woodstock.
Please direct questions to Debra Quackenbush, Community Information Coordinator/PIO at 815-334-4456 or firstname.lastname@example.org." /> Skip to Main Content
Sign up below to receive Senator Althoff's email newsletter!